Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI
Application Deadline: November 7, 2018
$14hr based on experience and certifications
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Work independently to apply pesticides according to their labels (rates, PPE, Methods, etc.) and State of Michigan laws to all sites, including goose control, insecticide, fungicide, and herbicide.
- Have knowledge and use necessary landscape maintenance techniques, such as hand weeding, wicking, etc. to control weeds as necessary
- Communicate and provide suggestions to control pests in problem areas
- Be experienced in operation of a pick-up truck with trailer.
- Be self-motivated to start on time and monitor lunch, and quitting time for yourself and those under your supervision. This includes the loading and unloading of tools and equipment at the beginning and end of each day
- Substitute for absent foreman/equipment operators/technicians when necessary
- Responsible for daily and weekly maintenance of assigned equipment. All breakdowns or problems should be reported to Yard Supervisor/Facility Manager immediately.
- Complete all necessary daily paperwork, timesheets, pesticide logs, landscape monitoring sheets, etc.
- During winter operations, technician must be available for snow removal, salting, and/or sidewalk operations 24 hours a day. Must be willing to take on additional duties and/or miscellaneous tasks on an "as needed" basis at management's discretion.
- Operator must be willing and able to work overtime as determined by management.
- During winter months, technician will be given other duties which may include, general trash pickup, pruning, painting, moving of office supplies or furniture, etc.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Pesticide certification in the following categories: 3A, 3B, 6, 5, 7D
- Valid chauffeurs license
- Working knowledge and/or 1-2 years’ experience applying pesticides
- Be willing to work day and/or afternoon shift which may include Sundays