Cherry Bay Orchards, Inc.
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Leelanau County, MI
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Cherry Bay Orchards, Inc. Summer 2019 Internship
May 2019 (flexible)-End of August 2019
$13-$14 / hour (50 hours/week non-harvest) (72 hours/week harvest)
Cherry Bay Orchards is a family farm in Northern Michigan that grows tart cherries, sweet cherries, and apples over 3000 acres in beautiful Leelanau Peninsula. We pride ourselves in our newer horticultural practices and technologies that involve all aspects of growing tree fruit in the modern age.
We are looking for interns for the upcoming summer that are interested and driven to work within the fruit farming industry. The applicant will be doing a variety of farm related jobs throughout the course of the summer. Some of these include: equipment operation, irrigation maintenance, scouting, cherry harvest crew worker on cooling pad, etc.
Applicant should possess these qualities:
- Willing to work longer hours for cherry harvest
- Driven to finish jobs in efficient manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Punctual to work everyday
- Applicant should have at some experience operating heavy equipment and/or a variety of farm equipment but is not required. Applicant should have a driver’s license to operate farm vehicles.
Cherry Bay Orchards does provide housing to interns. Cherry Bay Orchards will provide a vehicle to perform on site and work related duties.