Summer Internship in Urban Forestry -Traverse City, MI
Schillinger Forestry, LLC
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Traverse City, MI
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
Schillinger Forestry is seeking a highly self-motivated and dependable summer intern to join our team based in Traverse City Michigan. Interested individuals should submit cover letter, resume and references to: Daniel Schillinger at the address above or via e-mail; email@example.com
Competitive wage will be offered dependent on applicant’s experience and abilities. Position is temporary and will be during the months of April/May through August/September 2020 with full time hours required during these months. Employee will be paid 1.5 times hourly rate for required overtime work. Overtime will be a regular occurrence in at least May and June.
- Bachelors of Science in Forestry from a SAF accredited university, or a comparable Natural Resource degree. Applicants whom have completed through their sophomore year and will be starting their junior or senior year in fall of 2020 will also be considered
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; in person, telephone, and writing
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to drive a large spray pickup truck safely
- Be physically capable of putting in up to; over 10 hours a work a day for 6 consecutive days while being able to carry 5 gallons of water throughout.
- Be able to report for work as early as 5:30 am
- Computer literacy including these applications; Access, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent navigational skills using; compass, aerial photography, topography and soils map
Employee Requirements: (can be acquired after hiring)
- Commercial Pesticide Applier in Ornamental (3B)
Position Duties, in order of time spent
- Ornamental Urban Tree Care; Spraying for targeted insect and diseases, trunk injecting trees for the same and fertilizing to overcome site specific problems (tree care truck, tools and Personal Protective Equipment will be provided for employee’s use)
- Urban tree pest and disease diagnosis
- Marking timber for commercial timber sales on private non-industrial land, time permitting
Invasive plant species identification and control, as needed
For more information please click here