Landscape Crew Leader
Sustainable Landscape Design, LLC
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Traverse City, MI
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
Sustainable Landscape is hiring a landscape crew leader to handle all aspects of our clients needs. This position would execute spring and fall bed cleanups, mulching, pruning, organic fertilization lawn applications and other landscape installation tasks. If you love working outside and enjoy taking pride in your work in a fun environment then keep on reading as we may be the right fit! Here at Sustainable Landscape Design we work on some of the most beautiful properties in Grand Traverse & Leelanau Counties and get to create outdoor spaces for our clients to enjoy and make memories. We are proud to be apart of the community and we are looking for team members that share the same goals, vision and culture.
LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER
Full-time Crew Leader is an hourly position paying ($17-22/hr) depending on
experience. We offer health reimbursement, a competitive pay rate, paid vacation,
matching retirement plan, tuition/continued education opportunities as well as the
opportunity to move up the ladder with the right skill set and growth potential. Tentative
season runs from April 1st- December 15th with paid unemployment during off-season.
(Potential of all season work also available) Our team attends educational seminars,
classes and training during the offseason to stay fresh before spring and will be training
new hires before the season begins.
• Work closely with owner and other landscape crew leaders to maintain our
clients homes and other landscape projects.
• Must be able to lead a small crew to execute jobs in a detailed manner
throughout the season.
• 1-2 Years previous experience with landscape maintenance is a must.
• Ability to work 50+ hrs a week and have the weekends off.
• Must enjoy outdoor work in all types of weather.
• Strong work ethic is a necessary part of the job.
• Ability to work in a team environment, including giving direction and constructive
feedback to team members.
• Good driving record, Chauffeurs License and Medical examiners card upon
hiring paid by employer.
• Ability to haul trailers and equipment safely to sites.
Position tentatively begins April 1st and runs through December 15th with paid
unemployment during off-season. (Opportunity of all season works as well) The typical
work day is 8:00 am - 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday with an occasional Saturday to meet
deadlines and if weather is a factor.
Go to www.sustainable-landscape-design.com/employment to fill out an employee
application. Please email the application and a resume to the address provided if you
are interested in becoming a part of our team.