Technical Sales Representative
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Ohio
Application Deadline: June 27, 2019
About this Job:
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for sales activities and product development in the launching phase of new product introductions within their assigned territory to generate sales growth. This position will require a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
The position holder will develop and implement new market/business development plans for the territory and with authorized dealers, which will meet business goals of providing the best varieties possible for customers, as well as expanding customer base in the sales area. The satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with the company's vision and values. The Technical Sales Representative will work on the launching and demonstration of new product introductions with an effective trialing program in order to position products that will meet the needs of the target market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and maintains contact with present and potential dealer and grower customers through sales calls and associated travel.
- Provides a high level of service and product information to customers demonstrating a wide understanding and expertise in the field.
- Through established relationships and thorough understanding, provides specific variety recommendations to customers.
- Maintains a high level of communication with the customers and Syngenta associates, acting as the liaison between these groups.
- Develops and implements annual trial plans to position new varieties that will meet customer needs.
- Plans and delivers timely seed samples of new commercial varieties per the defined trial plan.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the product line, develops the required product performance trial data through trials to determine features and benefits of new products.
- Participates in trade shows and field days, along with related activities in a professional manner.
- Provides technical solutions to difficult problems presented by customers and keeps the Territory Manager informed.
- Provides creative, thorough, practical and consistent solutions in line with company objectives and priorities.
- Develops and implements sales action plans to achieve annual sales and margin budgets.
- Reviews sales forecasts for production release updates.
- Develops market trends and identifies new varieties that will allow Syngenta to capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding the competitor's key products.
- Maintains a high level of communications with Territory Manager/Product Development Specialists and associates.
- Will complete monthly Sales Report, and communicate key market, customer, sales, product and competitive trends within territory.
- Manages expenses within the annual budget for the territory.
- Requires a minimum of a B.S. in Agronomy or Horticulture, or equivalent field experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Vegetable seed industry is highly preferred.
- General experience in sales with knowledge of standard sales technique.
- Ability to implement new market/business development plans to achieve profitable growth.
- Ability to forecast sales and budgets.
- Must possess crop management technical skills.
- Knowledge of the Fresh Market and/or Processing market/industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships with associates, dealers, grower customers and related industry personnel.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis throughout the assigned territory, and to company/industry meetings as required.
- Position requires up to 80% field travel within assigned territory.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to facilitate teamwork among staff.
To apply, please click the "Apply" button below, or click the following link: https://syngenta.taleo.net/careersection/unitedstates/jobdetail.ftl?job=18004187&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=Apply