Territory Account Manager
Spring Meadow Nursery Inc.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Grand Haven, MI
Application Deadline: December 17, 2019
Title: TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Reporting to: Tony Thom – Sales Manager
This position will be responsible for: Develop and maintain Sales Relationship and Communication
with customers. Active selling, order processing, events, etc. Promote Proven Winners, The #1 Brand
in Plants. Ability to communicate product information, make recommendations, assist with any
questions. Good interpersonal skills both on the phone and in person with the customer. Must
demonstrate excellent selling techniques and a willingness to improve. Good organizational and
computer skills. Responsive to customers’ needs. Team Player. 25% of time will be spent traveling
on the road.
1) Increase sales within territory minimum 10% per year or more per yearly goals.
2) Visit top 30 accounts yearly
3) Promote the Proven Winners brand and program focusing on adding new varieties and
growing existing programs.
4) Build relationships and actively sell throughout the year via telephone, mail, email, customer
visits, tours, events and tradeshows.
5) Develop an understanding of our customers’ businesses and put together plans to grow their
business with continued success with the Proven Winners brand.
6) Educate customers on plant material, especially new items.
7) Work with customers’ sales team to help them sell our products more effectively
8) Develop and maintain an awareness of industry trends
9) Ask customers about their needs, both current and future, at every opportunity.
10) Develop customer needs by utilizing selling techniques and product advantages.
11) Actively participate with all onsite events, meetings, tours and tradeshows, including
organizing, logistics, setup, tear down, plant selection, travel to/from, dinners, etc.
12) Receive and enter customer orders accurately and timely
13) Request orders one year in advance.
14) Contact customers for additional sales two weeks prior to shipment and confirm customer is
ready for delivery.
15) Follow-up with customers after shipment to ensure we’ve exceeded their expectations, sell
additional product for future shipments, process any claims if necessary
16) Document all communications with customer in ACT
17) Assist team members with accounts when needed
18) Responsible for written documentation of related policies and procedures.
19) Perform special projects, as assigned.
1) Performs other related duties as required.
2) Follow Spring Meadow Nursery Safety Policy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education/Experience - 2 or 4 year degree and 2-3 years of experience or equivalent work
1) Must maintain a level of performance equivalent to company standards, that being a “Meets
Expectations” in all areas of your performance evaluations (Self and Management reviews).
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so