Tissue Culture Lab Administrator
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Zeeland, MI
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
Headquartered in Zeeland, MI with over 70 years of industry leadership, Walters Gardens Inc. (WGI) is North America’s leading grower of perennials. We view our Tissue Culture Lab as an essential building block for our ability to offer our customers a broad range of greenhouse liners and bare root perennials. It is our extensive knowledge and expertise in both greenhouse growing, field growing, and hybridizing that sets us apart.
With efficiency, quality, and integrity, WGI uses tissue culture (TC), unrooted cuttings (URC) and our facilities to produce and develop innovative perennials for the growing marketplace. A powerhouse partnership between WGI and the #1 plant brand in the world, Proven Winners (PW), has created the top destination for growers looking for outstanding genetics in top performing perennials.
We are currently seeking a Lab Administrator, whose responsibilities would include:
- Record, track, and report on processed inventory in Google Sheets
- Communicate regarding new orders and order updates with key persons outside of the department via email, phone call, and occasionally in-person
- Efficiently schedule routine and unique orders using available databases and staff
- Use good judgement to predict order feasibility and to adapt to changes in database functionality
- Audit and manipulate orders to ensure on-time delivery, accurate delivery updates, and smooth internal operation related to media and plant processing
- Report incoming product to greenhouse through a weekly email report
- Update the Google Sheets database to reflect new and updated items
- Advise technician pulling orders based on knowledge of order status
- Coordinate minor initiatives with staff to prepare orders, shipments, and other small tasks
Key Traits and Skills:
- Positive attitude and drive to support the team
- Strong organization, record keeping, and time management skills
- Clear and courteous written and oral communication
- Willingness to propose and pursue logical solutions
- Strong understanding of cause and effect
- Computer skills in MS Office, Outlook, and Google Sheets
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.