Undergraduate Laboratory Assistant Position
Applied Nematology Team
Employment type: Part-Time
Job Location: East Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019
Undergraduate Laboratory Assistant Position open in the Applied Nematology Lab!
No direct experience with nematodes required!
Dr. Marisol Quintanilla and the Applied Nematology team are looking for an undergraduate laboratory assistant to start working in the lab immediately. This program is heavily involved with several of Michigan’s top agricultural commodities including: corn, soybean, potato, ornamentals, tree fruit, and various vegetables. Responsibilities will include: soil processing and nematode extraction; maintenance of greenhouse plants; field, greenhouse, and growth chamber experimental set-up; and maintaining a clean laboratory work environment.
Pay-rate will be $13/hour. Position will carry over to the summer 2019 field season and beyond provided funding is available.
- Freshman or Sophomore level
- A major in entomology, agronomy, fisheries and wildlife, environmental science, zoology, or related field
- Experience or interest in agriculture and/or greenhouse crop production
- Available to start immediately and work a minimum of 10 hours per week during the semester
- Available to work full time during the summer 2019 field season
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please send resume with 3 references via email to Kristin Poley, Applied Nematology Lab Manager and Research Technician, email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 22, 2019. For more information, please click here.