Water Conservation Internships Summer 2020
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
Water Conservation Plan Internship
Water costs are skyrocketing in the Portland metropolitan area, making water conservation an important piece of managing a commercial property. We are finding that many water conservation projects have a good return on investment, which is always important to property owners, investors, and managers. We have developed a Water Conservation evaluation process to develop a document to present to our clients with detailed evaluation and recommendations to reduce water use through system upgrades as well as site landscape modifications. We have developed a process to complete these on all of our properties as approved by our customers.
Candidate background expectations:
- Career focus in landscape or golf course management
- Interest in background with irrigation management and/or installation
- Coursework associated with irrigation hydraulics, design, management, and/or conservation
- Willingness to engage in additional online irrigation management and conservation coursework
- Personal transportation to be used to mobilize to job sites (mileage will be compensated)
- Personal Smart phone to be used for photo taking and On-line software tools
- Ability to work outside in wet, cold, hot or dry conditions.
- Ability to work with our water manager, Account Managers, and Field Managers to evaluate sites and prepare final report.
- Discuss site issues with Account Manager and Field managers
- Deploy to sites
- Activate all irrigation zones
- Utilize outline of potential recommendations to chose those which are applicable
- Document with photos and text issues and recommendations
- Use web-based bidding software to generate estimates for proposed recommendation for conservation
- Develop draft report
- Review draft report with account manager and/or water manager
- Finalize report for presentation to client
. We have done several dozen this summer to work out the details but are proposing to all customers as a part of next year’s budget and are anticipating 3 interns to perform these during the summer of 2020. A sample water conservation plan is available for reference.
Check us out at our website: http://www.pacscape.com/sustainable/weather-based-irrigation.php
If interested send an email to: email@example.com