Zoning Administrator - Waterloo Township
Employment type: Part-Time
Job Location: Munith, Michigan 49259
Application Deadline: May 12, 2016
Waterloo Township is seeking a part time Zoning Administrator to develop comprehensive plans and programs for use of land and physical facilities of local jurisdictions, such as towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas. This is position offers a flexible work schedule.
The Township needs a qualified candidate to:
- Discuss with planning officials the purpose of land use projects such as transportation, conservation, residential, commercial, industrial, and community use.
- Recommend approval, denial or conditional approval of proposals.
- Design, promote and administer government plans and policies affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation.
- Conduct field investigations, surveys, impact studies or other research to compile and analyze data on economic, social, regulatory and physical factors affecting land use.
- Create, prepare, or requisition graphic and narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
- Assess the feasibility of proposals and identify necessary changes.
- Coordinate work with economic consultants and architects during the formulation of plans and the design of large pieces of infrastructure.
- Keep informed about economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes, and environmental regulations.
- Determine the effects of regulatory limitations on projects.
- Review and evaluate environmental impact reports pertaining to private and public planning projects and programs.
- Advise planning officials on project feasibility, cost-effectiveness, regulatory conformance, and possible alternatives.
- Mediate community disputes and assist in developing alternative plans and recommendations for programs or projects.
- Investigate property availability.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Four (4) years related work experience
- Computer experience, computer literate: Windows 7 OS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and internet searching.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Available to work 10-15 hours per week, flexible work schedule
- Michigan Zoning Administrator Certification is preferred. New hires without certification will be allowed to obtain it within 9 months of starting position. Township will reimburse cost of training/certification exam upon obtaining certification (new hires only).
Other Necessary Skills:
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Contact: Please email your cover letter and resume to Ms. Jan Kitley, Treasurer at: firstname.lastname@example.org