T.I.D.E. Community Assessment Tool
The Land Policy Institute, in partnership with the Michigan Municipal League, created the T.I.D.E. (Talent, Innovation, Diversity and Environment) Community Assessment Tool. The free online-based tool was developed to enable communities to understand the impact their assets have on job creation, and to allow them to explore their own asset base within these four categories.
- Talent, or human capital, is the skillful human inputs into the economy. It includes formal and informal education, skills and experience.
- Innovation is the act of introducing something new into the economy that generates value. The birth and growth of business, new ideas and the development of new goods or services are all innovations in the economy.
- Diversity has multiple facets and is one of the drivers of innovation and prosperity. It includes cultural, racial, lifestyle and economic differences that create a diverse community.
- Environment refers to the place-based amenities and activities that make a community a great place to live and work. It includes natural features, the landscape, urban amenities and activities.
The T.I.D.E Tool was built by LPI to help communities understand how each category relates to job creation and growth.
- Tool available from Oct. 2010- Jun. 2016.
- Launch Webinar on Oct. 12, 2010.