The Technical Management Advisory Committee (TMAC) advises the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Legume Systems Research on strategic planning and monitors projects. The Management Office consults with TMAC on emerging issues and technologies, strategies for building sustainable institutional capacity and achieving development impacts, and program management approaches.
The committee assists in the monitoring and evaluation of the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Legume Systems Research, including:
- Reviewing annual project workplans and budgets
- Assessing annual project technical progress, achievement of annual performance indicators and benchmarks
- Monitoring the scientific quality and productivity of projects and recommending technical adjustments
- Advising on strategies for achievement of developmental outcomes
- Identifying potential research priorities and foci for future sub-awards
The TMAC will hold annual face-to-face meetings over the five-year period, but will conduct most of its business through conference calls and electronic communication.
The Legume Industry Consultative Council (LINCC) is comprised of private sector legume experts who provide stakeholder input to the directors of the Legume Systems Innovation Lab to ensure the Management Entity (ME), its projects, and research outputs remain critically relevant to the legume private sector for growth and competitiveness. Biannual meetings serve to make the ME and projects aware of emerging opportunities or challenges in the private legume sector, foster public-private sector interactions that afford legume stakeholders opportunities to deepen links with the legume industry, and explore opportunities for messaging regarding the benefits of legumes, including nutrition and consumption.