Lenawee County 4-H Virtual Showcase & Auctions
Lenawee County 4-H Virtual Auction and Showcase
Registration opens Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Registration closes 12 noon on Monday, July 20, 2020!
- When you register, you will also be submitting the project itself.
- Submission will mainly be uploading still photos of the project, but there are some classes that will ask for a video or potentially a document. See the project area rules below in the "Rules, Guidelines & Expectations" section to learn what you need to submit for classes.
- Check out these Tips for Taking Photos and Video!
- Once registration opens, you will go to our county's Fair Entry website and use your 4-H online information to login.
- Use this link to our FairEntry website to access the registration system when it opens on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. FairEntry Login Screen http://lenaweecounty4h.fairentry.com/
- In order to submit a video, the video must be uploaded to YouTube and then the YouTube link will be submitted within Fair Entry. For instructions on “How to Create a Video Entry and Submit Through FairEntry”, use this link to visit our resource page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to access the embedded video.
- If you have any questions or concerns, or need assistance loading your video for your project submission, please call the MSU Extension 4-H office, 517-264-5300.
- Due to our virtual format, not all classes will be offered this year. Only the classes listed in the 2020 Lenawee 4-H Virtual Fair Book are available.
- All 4-H rules apply. Please reference the 2020 Lenawee 4-H Virtual Fair Book and “Rules, Guidelines & Expectations” section directly below for specific submission requirements organized by Department.
- In order to participate in the Virtual Showcase, you MUST be an active 4-H member before July 1. You can check membership status in 4-H online.
- If you have any questions on your project area that you cannot find in the documents below, please call the MSU Extension 4-H office, 517-264-5300.
- In this video you will see a demonstration of how exhibitors will submit entries through the FairEntry system. The video shows how to find your classes, enter class requirements such as photos and videos, and view comments from judges. Here is a helpsheet document with screenshots to guide you through the project submission process. Additional resources relating exhibitor registration are below.
Tips for Exhibitors Making Online Entries
- How to login to FairEntry with your 4HOnline account: https://vimeo.com/265821971.
- Recommended browsers include Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Older versions of Internet Explorer may cause unexpected behavior.
- Be sure to click the “Submit” button when you have completed your entries. Entries are not final until they have been submitted.
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation email with a list of your entries.
4-H Project Learning Reflections
Below are Project Learning Reflection pages you may use if your project needs additional information.
Rules, Guidelines & Expectations
Below you will find the individual PDF documents for each department which outline requirements and expectations for regarding pictures, videos and/or other supplemental documents needed for project submission during online registration:
Light Horse & Pony – Department 16 (updated7-13-2020)
Auction and Buyer Resources
The resources below should be used to recruit buyers and advertise our virtual auction. Please also visit the Youth Members page of the MSU Virtual Showcase and Auctions website for tips and best practices on marketing your livestock project, including sample buyer letters and thank you notes.
2020 Lenawee County 4-H Virtual Auction Buyer Letter: This document is being distributed via email and mail to previous buyers. Please feel free to use this document to supplement your personalized letters and efforts to recruit buyer support.
4-H & FFA Livestock Auction Buyer Brochure: This brochure should be distributed to friends, family, community members and potential buyers to recruit support and advertise the 2020 Monroe County 4-H Virtual Auction.