The purpose of this awards program is to recognize Macomb County 4-H youth for engaging in rich learning experiences that result in outstanding knowledge and life-skill development as described in the Life Skills Wheel Model found in Appendix B.
After participating in the County 4-H Awards Program youth will:
- Learn to better communicate and articulate their accomplishments on professional applications such as scholarships, college entrance applications, résumés and cover letters for employment
- Have more experience and be better able to communicate during job interviews
- Build long-lasting friendships and establish connections with industry and academic leaders
- Be encouraged to set new goals, continue building skills and assets, and broaden interests
Michigan 4-H members currently enrolled in a Macomb County 4-H program and are 11 to 19 years of age as of
January 1 of the current program year are eligible for the Macomb County 4-H Awards Program. The Macomb
County 4-H Awards Program is divided into two age divisions: Junior (4-H ages 11-14) and Senior (4-H ages 15-19).
All applications are due by September 16th to the Macomb County MSU Extension office. All winning applicants will be invited to participate in the County Awards celebration.
There is no cost for members to participate in the Macomb County 4-H Awards Program. This program is made
possible by generous donations from the Macomb County 4-H Youth Council and Michigan 4-H participation
Supporting the Macomb County Awards Program
Gifts in support of the Macomb County 4-H Awards Program are greatly appreciated and will go directly toward
scholarships. If you or your club is interested in helping to recognize Macomb County’s best 4-H youth, contact
Macomb County MSU Extension at firstname.lastname@example.org or 586-469-6431.
Applications for Macomb County 4-H Awards should be completed and submitted electronically via email to
email@example.com, mailed or delivered to Macomb County MSU Extension, Attn: 4-H, 21885 Dunham Road, Suite 12, Clinton Township, MI 48036. IMPORTANT: If sent electronically, all submissions need to use a specific naming process when saving and submitting their applications and photo.
- Full Macomb County 4-H Awards Packet
- Overview of Macomb County 4-H Awards Packet
- Types of Awards
- Completing the Macomb County 4-H Awards Application (Application Instructions)
- Macomb County Award Selection Criteria
- Appendix A: 4-H Project Areas and Definitions
- Appendix B: Targeting Life Skills Model
- Appendix C: Member Project Award and Special Award Cover Sheet
- Appendix D: Member Project Award and Special Award Leader Form
- Appendix E: Group Community Service Award Cover Sheet
- Appendix F: Adult Award Nomination Form
- Appendix G: Friend of 4-H Nomination Form
- Progress to Next Level: State Awards