Squash Bee Pollinator Citizen Science Project
Interested in learning about pollinators?
Participate in a squash bee survey!
Squash bees are native solitary bees that specialize in pollinating squash flowers. They are the focus of an MSU Entomology project to better understand their importance in crop pollination.
We need your help!
We invite you to join a citizen science project to conduct surveys of squash bees in your community. In our upcoming hands-on workshops, you will learn about squash bee biology and identification, then go out to gardens with cucurbits and learn to collect data on a mobile device or hard copy of the survey.
Here's some great information about the project:
- View an online webinar on the squash bee survey, bee identification, and using the smart phone app.
- Password: MG2018
- Click the app install link for squash bee survey on smart phone
- View the squash bee survey on a computer
- Print a paper copy of the squash bee survey
- Bookmark with QR codes
- Fact sheet about squash bees and squash pollination
- Visit our project website for more up-to-date information and resources