New HUD Requirements

Did you know that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) now requires that housing counseling and financial education provided in connection with any HUD programs be delivered by certified counselors by August of 2020? 

If you're worried about the future of your program or your ability to deliver effective housing counseling services as a part of your program, MSU Extension is here to help. MSU Extension has HUD- and MSHDA-certified housing counselors who can work with you to deliver trusted, effective housing and money management education to diverse audiences. 

We offer a wide range of housing and money management webinars, and we can work with you to organize an educational session virtually to your clients in a classroom setting. By partnering with MSU Extension, you can combine certified counseling services with an in-person group setting where you clients come to you for the services they need with little disruption. 

Read HUD's New Certification Requirements: Frequently Asked Questions

Connect with MSU Extension 

If you're interested in partnering with MSU Extension to provide certified counseling services through your agency, just fill out the form below.