NCI Charrette Management and Facilitation™ Certificate Training - Advanced Level
Check out our Event Calendar to view upcoming training opportunities.
This is an advanced one-day training for directors and project managers who are charged with managing charrettes, or who may hire a consultant to conduct a charrette. The training focuses on the nuts-and-bolts tools and techniques needed for managing a multiple-day charrette. Also included is a public meeting facilitation skills boot camp.
This training tracks the roles, responsibilities and strategies of the charrette manager throughout a multiple-day charrette. Students are provided with a set of invaluable daily task lists for setting up and maintaining the charrette studio and managing the complex charrette production process. Management tools include studio floor plan and equipment organization, alternative project plan assessment and synthesis, and charrette resources management. A highlight of the course is the public meeting facilitation role-playing exercise in which students practice their skills in running a contentious public meeting.
Individuals who complete the trainings are included in our online certificate holder database.
- Learn the essential skills for facilitating challenging public meetings.
- Gain a practical knowledge of charrette management checklist tools.
- Learn how to manage the creative efforts of a multidisciplinary design throughout the intense multiple-day charrette process.
- Explore the options for dealing with the press before, during and after the charrette.
- Learn how to manage the charrette production process.
Prior to attending NCI Charrette Management and Facilitation™, individuals must have attended the NCI Charrette System™ training (public, online or at their organization).
This course is approved for continuing education by the AIA for learning units, the AICP for certification maintenance credits, and the ASLA for professional development hours.