2015 Thumb Ag Review meetings scheduled for December
Six meetings are scheduled in December to provide results from the 2015 growing season.
November 18, 2015 - Author: Phil Kaatz, Michigan State University Extension
During December 2015, Michigan State University Extension will be hosting six Thumb Ag Review meetings in Michigan’s Thumb. Farmers, agribusiness professionals, crop consultants and government agencies are invited to attend the regional meetings. During the 2015 growing season, MSU Extension conducted research and demonstration trials across the area. Results and observations from the following trials will be presented:
- Corn: hybrid yield trials, nitrogen studies, seed treatment trials, using compost in a corn/soybean rotation.
- Soybean: variety yield trials, white mold trials, soybean cyst nematode variety trials, population studies, fungicide trials.
- Small grain: wheat field trial results, malting barley trial results.
- Alfalfa: Michigan alfalfa sulfur survey results.
Each location will feature the same presentations and also provide 3 RUP and 3 CCA (SW 0.5, NM 0.5, IPM 0.5 and CM 1.5) credits. A copy of the TARE 2015 Field Trials will be available for each participant.
Registration fees for all meetings except Thumb Ag Day in Ubly, Michigan, on Dec. 9, will be $20 and include either lunch or breakfast for each participant. Pre-registration is encouraged at all locations except Ubly (Thumb Ag Day). On-site registration begins 30 minutes prior to the meeting. For online registration or to pay by credit card, go to: 2015 Thumb Ag Reviews Registration.
The locations and times for the meetings are listed below.
2015 locations, dates and registration
- Huron County: Wednesday, Dec. 9, Thumb Ag Day – Ubly Heights Country Club, 2409 Atwater Road, Ubly, MI, 12:30-3:30 pm.
- Genesee County: Thursday, Dec. 10, Alderman’s Inc., 4055 Sheridan Rd., Lennon, MI, 9 a.m. - Noon. Pre-registration call 810-667-0341.
- Tuscola County: Friday, Dec. 11, Brentwood Inn, 178 Park Drive, Caro, MI, 9 a.m. - Noon. Pre-registration call 989-672-3870.
- Saginaw County: Wednesday, Dec. 16, Taymouth Township Hall, 4343 E. Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, MI, 9 a.m. - Noon. Pre-registration call 989-758-2500.
- Lapeer County: Wednesday, Dec. 16, Lapeer County Education Technology Center, 690 Lake Pleasant Rd., Attica, MI, 5-9 pm. Pre-registration call 810-667-0341.
- Sanilac County: Thursday, Dec. 17, Westpark Inn, 440 W. Sanilac Rd., Sandusky, MI, 7:30-11:30 am. Pre-registration call 810-648-2515.
For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-667-0341.