2018 Hillsdale County Management Field Day is August 23
If you want to learn more about nutrient management and soil heath, join us for the 2018 Hillsdale County Management Field Day.
The Hillsdale Soil Conservation District, Hillsdale County Farm Bureau, and local Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) are partnering to bring the 2018 Nutrient Management Field day. The field day will be hosted by Jay and Kelli Williams of Stoney Ridge Farms, on August 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided, as well as 6 Michigan RUP Credits, 10 CCA Credits and MAEAP Phase 1 credit. The event is free, but registration is encouraged to the Hillsdale Conservation District.
2018 Hillsdale County Nutrient Management Field Day
Date: August, 23, 2018
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. Field Day 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Transitioning the Farm’s Soil Health & Being Good Stewards of the Land, Jamie Scott, Cover Crop Master and Farmer –Pierceton, IN
- Year Long Nitrogen Management - Not just a June Lemonade, Stephanie Smith, 360 Yield Center Regional Agronomy Manager
- Cover Crops & Your Crop Insurance Policy, Elliot Alfredson, Spartan Insurance
- Biosolids: What’s True about Poo?, James Kyzar, NEFCO; Laura Campbell, MFB; & Local Farmers
- Edge of Field Monitoring in the WLEB, Hillsdale SWCD, USGS, NRCS, & Stoney Ridge Farms
- Cover Crop Test Plot & Equipment Demos, Roller Crimper, 360 Yield Y-Drops, Hagie Sprayer, Air Seeder & More
- “Shop Sense” Producer Panel & Ice Cream Social, A Local Farmer-Led Conservation
For more information on the 2018 Nutrient Management Field Day, please contact the Hillsdale Conservation District at (517) 849-9890 Ext. 3., email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.hillsdalecd.org
Did you find this article useful?