Birth management clinic for sheep and goats
MSU Extension is excited to announce the upcoming Birth Management Clinic for Sheep and Goats. This in-depth class will provide both discussion and hands-on activities from two noted experts on the subject.
Are you interested in learning how to improve birth management of your herd or flock? If so, sign up for this fun and highly informative clinic offered by Michigan State University Extension on Feb. 2, 2019 This year the clinic is moving to the MSU campus and will feature activities in the new MSU lambing barn just south of the MSU campus.
Participants will learn preventative management approaches and assessment skills as well as treatment procedures through both discussion and hands-on activities from Dr. Richard Ehrhardt, MSU Small Ruminant Specialist, and Mike Metzger, MSU Extension Small Ruminant Educator. Both novice and veteran producers alike will find this program valuable. In addition, students that have attended this program more than once have found it valuable due to the enormity and depth of content provided. This year’s topics include: nutritional management, use of ultrasound, facility design, newborn care, hypothermia treatment, grafting, vaccination protocols, mortality diagnoses, health and feeding program assessment.
- Date: February 2, 2019
- Morning Location: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 1300 Anthony Hall, Department of Animal Science, 474 S. Shaw Lane, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824
- Afternoon Location: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. MSU Sheep Teaching and Research Center Lambing Barn, 5525 Bennet Rd. Lansing, MI, 48910 (these locations are approx. 2.4 miles apart)
- Enrollment is limited to 45 people. Please complete your registration by Jan 28. Registration includes birth management manual, treatment poster, lunch and light refreshments. $45/person (additional members of the same family may attend for $20 each-only one manual and poster per family). Contact Carla McLachlan for additional details (phone: 517-432-5402; email: email@example.com)
- Online registration may be completed via the registration page. Choose the MSU Extension tab.
- Mail in registration can be completed by contacting Carla McLachlan, 474 S. Shaw Lane, Room 1287, East Lansing, MI 48824. Make checks payable to: Michigan State University.