CANR provides rankings on department, unit initiatives around DEI
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will honor the 2023 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Badge Awards recipients at the CANR Faculty and Staff Reception on May 11.
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will recognize the 2023 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Badge Awards recipients at the CANR Faculty and Staff Reception on May 11.
Units and departments within the college were encouraged to submit their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives from the 2022-2023 year for this distinct honor.
“The purpose of the CANR DEI Digital Badge Project was to highlight the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts of each CANR department and unit in the college. In collecting this information and highlighting these efforts, our hope is that the other departments will feel inspired by the work that each of us contributes to building a more inclusive College of Agriculture and Natural Resources,” said Ayodele Daré, educational program coordinator for the CANR Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. “I would like to thank the CANR Community for continuing to support this endeavor.”
Every year, CANR DEI efforts in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and MSU Extension are gathered and shared with the CANR Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and CANR DEI Committe members. These efforts are then scored and grouped into three categories: Platinum, Gold and Green, with Platinum being the highest level of achievement. Learn more on the DEI Badge Project and process.
Platinum badge awards:
- Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- School of Packaging
Gold badge awards:
- Center for Regional Food Systems
- Department of Agricultural, Food and Resources Economics
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Community Sustainability
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Department of Forestry
- Department of Horticulture
- Kellogg Biological Station
- MSU Extension Agriculture and Agribusiness Institute
- MSU Extension Children & Youth Institute
- MSU Extension Community, Food and Environment Institute
- MSU Extension Health & Nutrition Institute
- School of Planning, Design and Construction.
No green badges were awarded this year.
The 2022-2023 DEI badges are available for use by units and departments beginning in May 2023.
The next DEI badges will be given in spring 2024.