Cheboygan County Message from the District Director 2018
For the message from the district director: District director, Adam Koivisto, describes the difference we make together, partnering with Cheboygan County.
Over the past year, Michigan State University Extension partnered with Cheboygan County to continue strengthening youth, families, businesses and communities. Your MSU Extension staff members, grounded in local relationships, serve by bringing the university’s research and resources to provide outreach and education in the areas Cheboygan County residents need it most.
In this report, we’re excited to share about the people and programs that are improving the lives of Cheboygan County residents in many ways, including helping grow in Michigan’s agriculture economy, encouraging sustainable use of our natural resources, controlling health care costs by giving individuals the information they need to manage chronic illness and preparing tomorrow’s leaders.
From an in-person workshop to online education, MSU Extension professionals work every day to provide the most current information when people need it to ensure their success - in the workplace, at home and in the community. We’re passionate about serving Cheboygan County and are looking forward to a new year of serving. Thank you for your continued support of MSU Extension and for partnering with us to make a difference.
By the Numbers:
- 416 Youth enrolled in 4-H programs, 64 screened adult volunteers
- 186 Adult presentations, 8 Youth presentations in SNAP-Ed programs, 24 Adult series from Oct. 2017 - Aug. 2018
- Over 40 Extension professionals providing education in Cheboygan County
- 3 Extension professionals based in Cheboygan
- 32 soil test kits purchased by Cheboygan County residents