Clare County Message from the District Director
District Director, Shari Spoelman, describes the difference we make together, partnering with Clare County
I’m delighted to share the results of another successful year of partnership between Clare County and Michigan State University (MSU) Extension. Because of your continued support, we’ve been able to make a difference in the lives of youth, families, businesses and communities.
MSU Extension offers a broad range of research-based educational services to county residents. Over this past year, we’ve empowered families and individuals to live healthier lives, supported new and local businesses, created opportunities for youth leadership development and career exploration, helped farmers with business management and mental health, and much more. Our staff live and work alongside county residents, are rooted in community relationships and are responsive to community needs
By the Numbers:
- Over 1,800 Clare County adults and youth participated in MSU Extension programs
- Almost 1,200 youth participated in 4-H and school enrichment programs
- More than 260 residents participated in health, wellness and nutrition programs
- Over 70 residents participated in gardening programs and services
- Over 150 community members helped with financial, homeownership, and foreclosure prevention education
- MSU Extension helped bring in over $39,000 in delinquent taxes
- Over 200 residents participated in agricultural services and programs
- MSU spent more than $440,000 with local businesses in Clare County
Did you find this article useful?