Drone workshop for tree and bush fruit growers on Aug. 9-10 in Benton Harbor
Time is short! Sign up for free drone workshop for tree fruit and bush fruit growers by July 28.
July 24, 2018 - Author: Mark Longstroth
Tree fruit and berry growers are welcome to attend a free, two-day workshop on using drones in bush and tree fruit Aug. 9-10, 2018, at the Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Funded by grants from Project GREEEN and AgBioResearch, this workshop will allow fruit growers to develop an understanding of drone-based data collection and analysis specifically related to fruit and berry production.
The workshop will be hosted by Bruno Basso, Michigan State University Foundation Professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, and Erin Bunting, director of Remote Sensing and GIS Research and Outreach Services (RS&GIS) and assistant professor in the Department of Geography, Environment and Spatial Sciences.
- Learn the essential elements required to safely conduct commercial flight and mapping operations in the National Airspace System including flight planning and preparation.
- Take part in hands-on drone flights both manual and autonomous.
- Develop an understanding of analysis techniques and applications in precision agriculture.
- Gain a brief overview of Remote Sensing and its management applications.
- Leave the course with a clear understanding of the Drone-to-GIS workflow, including planning and completing missions, processing data and analyzing said data in GIS.
Check out the drone imagery video of fruit and vegetable fields at the Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center and the MSU Horticulture Farm.
Space is limited and the registration deadline is July 28. Interested participants can answer the questions and register at Project GREEEN Drone Training. Contact Erin Bunting (email@example.com) or Bruno Basso (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
This workshop is part of a series of drone workshops this summer and fall that are commodity-specific. For more information about the rest of the workshops, see "Sign up today for free commodity-based, two-day drone workshops” from MSU Extension.