Early spring is ideal time for frost seeding red clover
New fact sheet explains the benefits and process for frost seeding red clover into wheat.
Mid-March to early April is the ideal time to frost seed red clover into wheat. To learn more about this practice, a new fact sheet, Using red clover as a cover crop in wheat, has been written and is available on the Midwest Cover Crops Council website.
The fact sheet covers:
- The benefits of red clover
- Frost-seeding red clover
- Comparison of four seeding dates
- Red clover influence on suppressing weeds
- Weed seed predation
- Seeding, inoculating, and weed control
- Managing top growth
- How to kill the clover
- How much nitrogen credit you can get from red clover.
Did you find this article useful?