Field Crop Virtual Breakfast on June 6 focuses on late season weed control
MSU Extension’s Field Crop Virtual Breakfast continues June 6 with a discussion on late season weed control featuring Erin Burns.
For field crop growers throughout much of Michigan, it has been a late, wet and challenging spring. The latest USDA-NASS Michigan Crop Progress report indicates that as of May 19, 2019, 19% corn is planted with 1% emerged, and 10% soybean is planted with 1% emerged. Due to this delay, many critical weed control decisions will need to be made within the next week. Join us for our the Field Crops Virtual Breakfast at 7 a.m. on Thursday, June 6, 2019, via Zoom with Michigan State University Extension weed specialist Erin Burns to learn about weed control considerations for a late spring.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the meeting.
Participating is easy!
You can join using your computer or mobile device (audio and visual) following the Zoom link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/552324349. Or, call in from your phone (audio only) by dialing 669-900-6833 and enter meeting ID 552-324-349.
To receive a weekly email reminder of the Virtual Breakfast, sign up at http://eepurl.com/gm-PIv. Participants receiving emails can opt in or out at any time.
Can’t make it Thursday morning? Watch the recording!
For those who cannot join on Thursdays at 7 a.m., the Virtual Breakfast sessions will be recorded for later viewing with closed-captioning on the Field Crops Virtual Breakfast webpage. Podcasts are also available on the following platforms: iTunes, Soundcloud and Spotify.
Scheduled topics and dates
Note that these may change to cover breaking pest and weather situations.
- June 6 – Late season weed control with Erin Burns
- June 13 – Identifying mid-season soybean issues with Mike Staton
- June 20 – Managing tar spot with Martin Chilvers
- June 27 – Irrigation scheduling with Steve Millerand Lyndon Kelley
- July 4 – No call, Fourth of July
- July 11 – Nematode management with Marisol Quintanilla
- July 18 – Cover crop management with Dean Baas
- July 25 – Managing sugar beet pests with Daniel Bublitz
- Aug 1 – Insect management with Chris DiFonzo
- Aug 8 – Plant disease update with Martin Chilvers
- Aug 15 – Industrial hemp with Kurt Thelen
- Aug 22– Corn silage disease and quality management with Manni Singh
- Aug 29 – Harvesting weed seeds with Erin Hill
- Sept 5 – Calibrating yield monitors with Dennis Pennington