Field Crops Virtual Breakfast on May 9 focuses on early-season soil fertility
MSU Extension’s Field Crop Virtual Breakfast continues May 9 with a discussion on early-season soil fertility with Kurt Steinke.
As farmers get ready for planting, early-season soil fertility becomes critical to start right. Join us for our Field Crops Virtual Breakfast at 7 a.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2019, via Zoom with Michigan State University Extension soil specialist Kurt Steinke about the keys to early-season nutrient management. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the broadcast. A weekly weather outlook will also be part of the broadcast with MSU agriculture climatologist Jeff Andresen.
Participating is easy!
You can join using your computer or mobile device (audio and visual) following the Zoom link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/552324349. Or, call in from your phone (audio only) by dialing 669-900-6833 and enter meeting ID 552-324-349.
To receive a weekly email reminder of the Virtual Breakfast, sign up at http://eepurl.com/gm-PIv. Participants receiving emails can opt in or out at any time.
Can’t make it Thursday morning? Watch the recording!
For those who cannot join on Thursdays at 7 a.m., the Virtual Breakfast sessions will be recorded for later viewing with closed-captioning on the Field Crops Virtual Breakfast webpage. Podcasts will also be available.
Scheduled topics and dates
Note that these may change to cover breaking pest and weather situations.
- April 25 – Early season weed control with Christy Sprague
- May 2 – Corn and soybean planting with Manni Singh
- May 9 – Early soil fertility with Kurt Steinke
- May 16 – Alfalfa seeding and cutting management with Kim Cassida
- May 23 – Fusarium head blight control in wheat with Dennis Pennington
- May 30 – Insect management with Chris DiFonzo
- June 6 – Late season weed control with Erin Burns
- June 13 – Identifying mid-season soybean issues with Mike Staton
- June 20 – Managing tar spot with Martin Chilvers
- June 27 – Irrigation scheduling with Steve Miller and Lyndon Kelley
- July 4 – No call, Fourth of July
- July 11 – Nematode management with Marisol Quintanilla
- July 18 – Cover crop management with Dean Baas
- July 25 – Managing sugar beet pests with Daniel Bublitz
- Aug. 1 – Insect management with Chris DiFonzo
- Aug. 8 – Plant disease update with Martin Chilvers
- Aug. 15 – Industrial hemp with Kurt Thelen
- Aug. 22– Corn silage disease and quality management with Manni Singh
- Aug. 29 – Harvesting weed seeds with Erin Hill
- Sept. 5 – Calibrating yield monitors with Dennis Pennington