Field Crops Webinar Series starts February 2020
The Field Crops Webinar Series will help growers and agribusiness professionals prepare for the 2020 growing season.
Field crop producers and agribusiness professionals who are unable to attend Michigan State University Extension’s traditional winter programs will once again be able to access the expertise of MSU specialists and educators from the comfort of their home or office. The 2020 Field Crops Webinar Series will include a selection of topics that will be presented at the regional Pest and Crop Management Update Meetings
The live webinars will run on Monday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m. EST beginning Feb. 10 through March 30, 2020. Topics will include:
- Feb. 10: Late and Prevented Planting Issues: Lessons Learned from 2019 – Maninder Singh and Jon LaPorte
- Feb. 17: Corn, Wheat, and Soybean Price Outlook – Jim Hilker
- Feb. 24: Weed Management Challenges that Lurk for 2020 – Christy Sprague
- March 2: Emergent Pests and Diseases – Chris DiFonzo and Martin Chilvers
- March 9: Nutrient Management to Improve Efficiency – Kurt Steinke
- March 16: Woodlot Management – Julie Crick
- March 23: Hemp Production in Michigan – James DeDecker and Eric Anderson
- March 30: Farmers Helping Farmers with Farm Stress – Roger Betz and Eric Karbowski
Participants can register for the entire series at $20 per person or for individual sessions at $5 per person per session. Those attending the live webinars will be eligible to earn one MDARD Pesticide Recertification (RUP) credit per session for application to one of the following categories: Private Core, Commercial Core or Field Crops. Each webinar will also be recorded and archived, and participants may choose to view the recordings at a later date.
To register for one or more webinar programs in the series, visit the Field Crops Webinar Series event page. Prior to each webinar, registrants will receive an email containing a link to connect to the webinars. The webinars may be accessed on a computer or mobile device with a stable internet connection—no other equipment is necessary.
Archived recordings from previous seasons will be accessible free of charge at the Field Crop Webinar Series page.
For additional information or assistance, contact Eric Anderson at 269-467-5511 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call by Feb. 3 to request accommodations for persons with disabilities. Requests received after this date will be fulfilled when possible.
Did you find this article useful?