Gladwin County Message from the District Director
District director, Shari Spoelman, describes the difference we make together, partnering with Gladwin County.
Michigan State University (MSU) Extension partners with Gladwin County to strengthen youth, families, businesses and communities. Your MSU Extension staff members, grounded in local relationships, serve by bringing the university’s research and resources to provide outreach and education where Gladwin County residents need it most.
We’re passionate about serving Gladwin County and are looking forward to a new year. Thank you for your continued support of MSU Extension and for partnering with us to make a difference.
By the Numbers:
- Over 1,500 Gladwin County adults and youth participated in MSU Extension programs
- Over 800 youth participated in 4-H and other youth enrichment programs
- More than 580 residents participated in health, wellness and nutrition programs
- Master Gardeners received almost 500 education hours and they contributed 872 volunteer hours
- Over 300 residents participated in agriculture and gardening programs and services
- 5 extension professionals based in Gladwin County
- MSU disbursed more than $180,300 in financial aid for Gladwin County Students
- MSU spent more than $33,700 with local businesses