The 2020 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update will be online Dec. 16
The 22nd annual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update for Agribusiness will be offered online and feature crop and pest management recommendations, on-farm research data and pesticide certification credits.
The Michigan State University Extension field crops team along with St. Joseph County MSU Extension will host the 2020 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update on Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Normally held at the MSU Livestock Pavilion, we are moving the program to an online format this year. The audience will include farmers, agribusiness representatives, retail sales and service professionals, and private crop consultants. Out-of-state participants are also invited to attend.
Here are the top five reasons to attend this event:
- Program participants will receive the most recent MSU Extension recommendations for 2021 potential weed, insect and disease problems, fertilizer practices, crop production best management practices and emerging issues. These recommendations are based on field research conducted by MSU specialists.
- The program is offered in a timely fashion so that businesses and farmers can make their year-end bulk purchasing decisions based on demand and availability. The timing of bulk purchases can have tax implications.
- Participants will receive a hard copy of the new MSU Extension bulletin E434, “2021 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops" in the mail.
- Participants will receive four MDARD pesticide recertification credits (Commercial/Private Core, 1A) and four CCA credits.
- Where else can you receive the latest University field crops research results without having to travel to Lansing, from the comfort of your own home, without having to get dressed (up) or take a shower, use your own bathroom during the break, and have the dog sitting at your feet?!
Register online by Dec. 6 to ensure you receive your weed guide in time for the program. The cost is $30 per person, which includes the MSU Extension 2021 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops. Weed Guides will be shipped from the MSU Bookstore and should be received by the time of the event if paid registrations are received by Dec. 6.
Registrants will receive information on how to join this online event, which will be hosted via Zoom. For those who have not used Zoom before, instructions will be sent on how to download the free app to your computer or mobile device.
Contact Eric Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-359-0565 with questions or accessibility requests.