Five compelling reasons to attend the 2023 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update for Agribusiness on December 19
The 25th annual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update for Agribusiness will be on Dec. 19, 2023 in-person and virtually via Zoom and will feature crop and pest management recommendations, on-farm research data and pesticide certification credits.
The Michigan State University Extension Field Crops Team will host the 2023 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update on Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This meeting has been offered as a hybrid event the past two years—in person at the MSU Livestock Pavilion and virtually via Zoom. The feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, so we will be following the same format this year. The audience will include agribusiness representatives, retail sales and service professionals, private crop consultants, farmers and representatives of ag-related agencies. Out-of-state participants are also invited to attend.
Here are the top five reasons to attend this event:
- Program participants will receive the most recent MSU Extension recommendations for 2024 potential weed, insect and disease problems, fertilizer practices, crop production best management practices and emerging issues. These recommendations are based on field research conducted by MSU specialists and others.
- The program is offered in a timely fashion so businesses and farmers can make their year-end bulk purchasing decisions based on demand and availability. The timing of bulk purchases can have tax implications.
- Participants will receive a hard copy of the new MSU Extension bulletin E434, “2024 Weed Control Guide.” Attendees at the in-person event will receive them that day and those attending virtually will receive them in the mail following the event.
- Participants will be eligible to receive 5 Michigan pesticide recertification credits (Private Core, 1A, 1B) and 5.5 CCA credits (both sets of credits have been approved).
- Where else can you receive the latest university field crops research results with the flexibility of attending in-person for important networking opportunities or from the comfort of your own home without the snowy drive time?
- BONUS: We will also be offering more topic options based on feedback received from past attendees by including two breakout sessions during the day—complete with much-needed stretch/bio breaks! See the online registration page for more details about presentations and speakers.
Register online by Dec. 10 for the in-person meeting or Dec. 14 for the virtual event, both of which include the 2024 MSU Extension Weed Control Guide for Field Crops. Cost for the in-person meeting is $65 per person when pre-registering or $80 per person when registering onsite. The cost for the virtual event is $35 per person. The in-person meeting will include a light breakfast, hot lunch, and snacks. Registrants for the virtual option will receive information on how to join via Zoom.
Contact Eric Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 359-0565 with questions or accessibility requests.