Interactive social media workshop emphasizes methods to grow your social media presence
Register for an interactive workshop emphasizing social media 101, top 10 best practices and mastering your return on investment from social media for new to advanced growers and business owners.
On Nov. 8, 2019, a Social Media Marketing Workshop led by W. Garrett Owen, Michigan State University Extension eastern Michigan greenhouse outreach specialist, Bridget Behe, MSU professor of horticultural marketing, and Ariana Torres, Purdue University assistant professor of horticulture and agricultural economics, will be held at the Michigan State University Diagnostic Center for Population & Animal Health, 4125 Beaumont Road, Lansing, MI 48910. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and the program will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This interactive, hands-on workshop will emphasize strategies and planning to grow your social media presence from understanding which social media platform to use, the top 10 best social media practices, mastering your return on investment from social media, and much more! The workshop is designed for beginning to advanced growers and business owners.
Those interested in attending the workshop should register today by going to the Social Media Marketing Workshop page and selecting “Online Form” to pay with credit card. For all other forms of payment, contact Garrett Owen at email@example.com or 248-347-0269, ext. 202.
- 9:30 a.m. – Check in, registration and coffee
- 10:00 a.m. – Social Media 101: A Gentle Introduction to What and Why, Bridget Behe, MSU. This session is designed to help you better understand what social media can do for you, why you should engage in social media posting, and an overview of the different social media platforms. This primer will prepare you to create your social media calendar and campaigns.
- 11:00 a.m. – Top 10 Best Practices in Social Media Marketing, Ariana Torres, Purdue University. This session will provide attendants with the best practices to plan, design, and deliver social media marketing for your business. You will learn the do’s on developing social media campaign, how to build a social media calendar, and key strategies that you can implement for your business.
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch break, small group activity
- 1:00 p.m. – Small group activity
- 2:00 p.m. - Mastering Your Return on Investment from Social Media Marketing, Ariana Torres, Purdue University. This session will provide information on how to build strategic social media campaigns. Participants will gain understanding of marketing concepts and tools and will apply them to their social media efforts.
- 3:00 p.m. – End of workshop
Did you find this article useful?