Mecosta County message from the District Coordinator
District director Shari Spoelman describes the difference we make together, partnering with Mecosta County.
Michigan State University (MSU) Extension partners with Mecosta County to strengthen youth, families, businesses and communities. Your MSU Extension staff members, grounded in local relationships, serve by bringing the university’s research and resources to provide outreach and education where Mecosta County
residents need it most.
Here's the difference we've made together in 2018:
- 2,500 Mecosta youth and adults participated in Michigan State University Extension programs
- Over 1,600 youth participated in 4-H and other school enrichment programs
- 1,336 youth and adults benefited from health and nutrition programs
- Over 100 residents received consumer horticulture services and education
- 174 residents participated in agricultural services and programs
- MSU disbursed more than $761,168 in financial aid for Mecosta County students
- MSU spent $38, 219 with Mecosta County businesses
We’re passionate about serving Mecosta County and are looking forward to a new year. Thank you for your continued support of MSU Extension and for partnering with us to make a difference.
District 6 Director