Michiana Irrigated Corn and Soybean Conference slated for Feb. 16 in Shipshewana, Indiana
This one-day conference is the only meeting dedicated to top production and best management practices for irrigated corn and soybean production in the Midwest.
Purdue University Extension and Michigan State University Extension are pleased to announce that the 2022 Michiana Irrigated Corn and Soybean Conference will be Feb. 16 at the Blue Gate Theatre in downtown Shipshewana, Indiana. Check in begins at 8:30 a.m. and educational sessions run from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This program focuses on corn and soybean production challenges that we have seen under irrigation in northern Indiana and southern Michigan and highlights ways to improve management of both crops.
Topics scheduled for this year’s meeting include:
- Tar spot management in corn --Darcy Telenko, Purdue field crops pathologist
- Nitrogen management in sandy irrigated fields – Dan Quin, Purdue Extension corn specialist
- Is your pivot ready for applying agri-chemicals? – Lyndon Kelley, MSU/Purdue irrigation educator
- Nutrient budgeting in 2022 – Jon LaPorte, MSU Extension farm management educator
- Managing water usage (irrigation scheduling, adequate water supply and irrigation water use efficiency) – Lyndon Kelley, MSU/Purdue irrigation educator
- Grower panel discussion – best irrigation decisions on our farm
Attendees are eligible to earn three Michigan pesticide recertification (RUP) credits (Commercial/Private Core or Field Crops 1a) or Indiana PARP (1) and CCH (Cat 1, Cat 14, RT) pesticide credits. Certified Crop Advisors can also earn 4.5 CEUs (1 PM, 2 NM, 1.5 CM).
This program is supported by the Indiana Soybean Alliance, Indiana Corn Marketing Council, Michigan Soybean Committee, and the Corn Marketing Program of Michigan, which reduces the cost of this program to only $20 per person when registered by Feb. 9. The cost goes up to $30 after that date. The cost includes all educational programming, event handouts and a family-style lunch served by the Blue Gate staff.
Participants are encouraged but not required to wear masks unless required by the local regulation or the venue.
For questions regarding registration, contact Eric Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-359-0565.