Missaukee County message from the District Director
District director Shari Spoelman describes the difference we make together, partnering with Misaukee County.
Michigan State University (MSU) Extension partners with Missaukee County to strengthen youth, families, businesses and communities. Your MSU Extension staff members, grounded in local relationships, serve by bringing the university’s research and resources to provide outreach and education where Missaukee County
residents need it most.
Here's the difference we've made together in 2018:
- 640 youth participated in 4-H and other youth enrichment programs
- Over 100 residents participated in programs on disease prevention & management, food safety, behavioral health, nutrition, and physical activity
- Over 250 residents participated in agriculture and gardening programs and services
- Around 100 high school students learned employment skills
- MSU spent more than $68,850 with local businesses
We’re passionate about serving Missaukee County and are looking forward to a new year. Thank you for your continued support of MSU Extension and for partnering with us to make a difference.
District 6 Director
Did you find this article useful?