Panel of construction industry leaders to speak at Feb. 13 SPDC Industry Seminar Series
The SPDC is hosting the 13th Industry Seminar Series Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019, at the MSU Innovation Center in East Lansing. This event will feature a panel of speakers who will address the topic of residential development and construction.
January 11, 2019 - Author: Heidi Macwan
The MSU School of Planning, Design and Construction is hosting the 13th Industry Seminar Series Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019, at the MSU Innovation Center in East Lansing.
This event will feature a panel of speakers who will address the topic of residential development and construction. Panelists include:
- Desiree Davis from Ryan Homes,
- Bernard Glieberman from HRS Communities,
- Karen Schroeder from Mayberry Homes and
- Michael Stoskopf from the Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan.
MSU alumna Desiree Davis started her homebuilding career in Michigan with Toll Brothers, Inc. She is currently the vice president and division manager of Ryan Homes, a profit center in Cincinnati grossing more than 170 million in revenue.
Bernard Glieberman is the chairman of governmental affairs & public policy at HRS Communities. He focuses his efforts on helping cities and municipalities in right-sizing their real estate values by providing them a strategy for reuse of the obsolete real estate to get it back on the assessors list as taxpaying property again.
Karen Schroeder is executive vice president and co-founder at Mayberry Homes. Schroeder is involved in the Construction Management Summer Internship Program and serves as a member of the Homebuilding Education Leadership Program project advisory committee at MSU.
Michael Stoskopf is the executive officer at the Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan. With a clear vision, compelling energy and extensive experience, he is helping HBA members address the challenges of economic recovery and growth.
The SPDC Industry Seminar Series consists of lectures by invited speakers who are industry leaders in the Built Environment profession. Past presenters include:
- Ron Boji of The Boji Group;
- Jay Smith at The Christman Company;
- Bob and Karen Schroeder of Mayberry Homes;
- Pat Gillespie of the Gillespie Group;
- Joseph Maguire of Wolverine Development Corporation and of the Society of Environmentally Responsible Facilities (SERF);
- Peter Riguardi of JLL’s New York Tri-State Region;
- Douglas Maibach of Barton Malow;
- Scott Adams from the City of Las Vegas;
- Samuel Cummings from CWD Real Estate Investment;
- Alan Scott from Alan F Scott, Inc.;
- Mark Bell of Harbor Bay Real Estate; and,
- James Litwin of Harbor Bay Real Estate.
Joseph Maguire, president and CEO of Wolverine Development Corporation, serves as the facilitator of the Series.
This event is free and open to the public. The lecture will take place from 5-6:30 p.m. in Room 300 of the MSU Innovation Center, 325 E. Grand River Ave., East Lansing. A reception follows the event.