Potato Variety Trial and Field Day, Aug. 29, 4 – 7 p.m. ET at Vandamme Farms in Rock Michigan
The potato variety trial and field day will be held August 29, 4-7 p.m. at Vandamme Farms in Rock Michigan. The feild day is funded by the Michigan Potato Industry Commission to evaluate varieties and educate potato farmers on new management practices.
The potato variety trial and field day at Vandamme Farms is funded by the Michigan Potato Industry Commission to evaluate varieties and educate potato farmers on new management practices. Topics and speakers included:
- Michigan and U.S. potato industry overview – Mike Wenkel, Michigan Potato Industry Commission executive director
- Seed industry update – Jeff Axford, Michigan Seed Potato Association executive director
- Variety trial report – Chris Long, MSU potato specialist
- Nematode management – Marisol Quintanilla, MSU Entomology specialist
- Disease management – Jaime Willbur, MSU Plant Pathology
- Pearl millet research report – Jesse Cousineau, Cousineau Potato Farm
The event includes a free dinner sponsored by Nutrien Ag Solutions in Gladstone, Michigan. VanDamme Farms is located at 2371 St. Nicholas Rd. Rock, MI 49880.