Register now for pre-bloom blueberry webinar on May 14
Blueberries are blooming and this webinar will deliver information on research and extension of interest for Michigan’s small fruit industry for the 2021 blueberry pre-bloom and bloom period.
Michigan State University Extension and the small fruit team are hosting a 2021 Pre-Bloom Blueberry Webinar on Friday, May 14, from 1-4 p.m. with updates on issues related to the early portion of the blueberry season, pre-bloom and bloom period.
We are continuing to use this online format to deliver our extension programs to comply with restrictions on personal contact and large meetings policy. We will continue providing assistance and educational programs needed by our small fruit growers under this new format for the remaining of the 2021 berry crop season.
There is no cost for attending the webinar. However, you will need to register online to access the meeting. The meeting will be held using Zoom and after registration you will be sent information on how to access the webinar.
Growers participating in this webinar will be awarded three RUP credits for the renewal of the Private Pesticide Applicator license.
All the PowerPoint presentations will be posted on the MSU Extension Blueberries website soon after the meeting for public viewing.
- 2020 Blueberry IPM evaluation: Results and recommendations for 2021 crop season
- Disease management: Twig blights and Anthracnose fruit rot
- Use of Enviroweather: Models available for blueberry IPM, fruit worms (cranberry fruitworm, cherry fruitworm, blueberry stem gall wasp)
- Insect pest update: Insecticides’ update
- Pollinators, pesticide applications and the label
- Blueberry irrigation scheduling and use of soil moisture sensors to improve fruit quality and yield
For information and further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.