Request for pre-proposal letter for the 2019 North Central Region Program Priority Funds
The North Central Cooperative Extension Association (NCCEA) is seeking pre-proposal letters of interest for multi-state, Extension-lead projects that address rural community vitality and prosperity in the 12 states of the North Central Region.
The North Central Cooperative Extension Association (NCCEA) is seeking pre-proposal letters of interest for multi-state, Extension-lead projects that address rural community vitality and prosperity in the 12 states of the North Central Region (IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, SD and WI).
We are asking for pre-proposal letters describing your potential ideas. Of those pre-proposal letters received, one-to-three projects will be encouraged to submit full applications for competitive funding. Ultimately, one grant will be awarded for up to $100,000 total for a three (3) year period. Annual expenditure shall not exceed $40,000 in any one year, and not to exceed $100,000 over the three (3) years.
Priorities for funding, include:
- Programming that addresses trends in the agricultural economy contributing to stress in rural communities (e.g., elements of a proposal are expected to be broadly based and may including economic, political, environmental, societal, and individual health and family fiscal well-being).
- Programming that addresses rural economic challenges (i.e., workforce development, economic diversification, community development, rural and urban interdependence, etc.).
Letters of pre-proposals are due Friday, July 12, 2019 (Close of Business Day) to Robin Shepard [firstname.lastname@example.org] with subject line: NCR Program Priority Funding. The pre-proposal letter of interest should address the following in approximately 1,500 words (or less).
- Project Title
- Amount Requested
- Contact Person(s)
- What states will be involved in the project, and briefly describe who/how a project team will guide these efforts?
- What is the significance of the issue/problem/challenge to states in the North Central Region?
- How will the project integrate campus-based expertise with that of local Extension agents/educators?
- How will the project directly result in community-based Extension programming – what are your expectations for local Extension programming?
Again, this is a specific request for pre-proposal letters of interest – which are due July 12 (COB).
Did you find this article useful?