Small farm machinery and organic production presentations for beginning farmers archived
Presentations on small farm machinery and organic crop production topics for people new to agriculture are available online and are free for viewing.
The Michigan State University Extension Beginning Farmer Webinar Series now includes Internet-available programs on organic production machinery selection for small farms. These programs are available free for viewing at any time at the Beginning Farmer Webinar Series website.
The series has been on-going since 2012 and a total of 36 educational programs have since been recorded and are available for online viewing. The five selections below directly address small farm machinery and organic production topics. Each program is a “stand-alone” educational seminar presented by one or more MSU staff.
- Getting started with organic vegetable pest control, Feb. 5, 2014, by James DeDecker, Vicki Morrone, Lina Rodriguez-Salamanca, Ben Werling, Annemiek Schilder
- Getting started with organic field crops, March 12, 2014, by Dan Rossman
- Getting started with cover crops in organic vegetable rotations, Feb. 2, 2015, by Jeremy Moghtader, Denae Friedheim
- Getting started with USDA organic certification, March 9, 2015, by Vicki Morrone
- Getting started with small farm machinery, April 27, 2015, Fred Springborn
A new series of 23 MSU Extension Beginning Farmer Webinars for 2016 is planned for January through April. There will be a $10 fee for each program, or you may register for all 23 and get a 50 percent discount. Registration for the new series is at the 2016 Beginning Farmer Webinar Series Registration page.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-387-2530 with any questions.
Did you find this article useful?