SPDC’s Dr. Matt Syal Shared Expertise on Renewable Energy at Sustainable Dev. Symposium in Delhi
On October 29, 2012, the Department of Resource Management & Design Application at Lady Irwin College, University of Delhi, India, held their annual symposium on Sustainable Development at the India International Center auditorium in New Delhi.
On October 29, 2012, the Department of Resource Management & Design Application (RMDA) at Lady Irwin College, University of Delhi, India, held their annual symposium on Sustainable Development at the India International Center auditorium in New Delhi. The event was co-sponsored by MSU School of Planning, Design and Construction (SPDC), and was funded by the Indian Federal Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme of the symposium was on Renewable Energy: Prospects and Challenges.
As part of the event, Dr. Matt Syal, Professor of Construction Management at SPDC, was asked to serve as the symposium chair and keynote speaker. He spoke about "Renewable Energy: Transportation and Installation Aspects." His presentation was based on research completed by his group and funded by electrical contractors on the installation and construction management aspects of a smart grid.
Other symposium speakers included:
- Dr. Arun K. Tripathi, Director, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy;
- K.S. Popli, Director, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd.;
- Mahesh Vipradas, Head, Regulatory Affairs, Suzlon Energy Ltd.;
- Barun S. Mitra, Founder and Director, Liberty Institute; and
- Deepak Gupta, Head, Renewable Energy Programme, Shakti Foundation.
The SPDC’s engagement in this event is part of a broader "agreement for academic cooperation" with the Lady Irwin College, University of Dehli. Under this agreement, following are the main activities for SPDC:
- Curricular support for Sustainable Development specialization for their Master of Science degree.
- Dr. Matt Syal, Professor of Construction Management at SPDC will chair their academic task force for the graduate programs in the Department of RMDA.
- The MSU SPDC will co-sponsor their annual symposium on Sustainable Development.
To learn more about Dr. Syal’s presentation and the academic cooperation with the Lady Irwin College, contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This story was posted as part of the November 16, 2012, edition of the MSU Land Policy Institute’s enewsletter “Land Policy News.”