State & national leaders to speak about placemaking at the 2014 Built Environment Showcase on Nov. 7
The MSU School of Planning, Design and Construction (SPDC) and its partners are co-hosting the second Built Environment Showcase, Friday, Nov. 7, 2014.
The MSU School of Planning, Design and Construction (SPDC) and its partners are co-hosting the second Built Environment Showcase, Friday, Nov. 7, 2014, at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at Michigan State University in East Lansing. Sponsors for this day-long event include:
- Event sponsors: MSU SPDC, the MSU Land Policy Institute (LPI), the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) and Prima Civitas;
- Luncheon sponsor: Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC); and
- Reception sponsor: MSU Auxiliary Enterprises.
Key leaders from the built environment--industries, state and federal government, state agencies, investment companies and MSU representatives--will gather to discuss ways to increase partnerships, economic development and placemaking opportunities, and more. Confirmed plenary Session speakers include:
- Michigan’s leading economist, Charles Ballard, PhD, from the MSU Department of Economics;
- Ron Boji, president of the Boji Group;
- Alan Cobb, president and CEO of Albert Kahn Family of Companies;
- Christopher Coes, Managing Director of LOCUS;
- Katharine Czarnecki, director of community development for the MEDC;
- Vennie Gore, vice president of MSU Auxiliary Enterprises;
- Gary Heidel, MSHDA’s chief placmaking officer (moderator);
- Congressman Dan Kildee, U.S. House of Representatives;
- Joseph Maguire, president and CEO of Wolverine Development Corporation and president and co-founder of the Society of Environmentally Responsible Facilities (moderator);
- Jason Paulateer, vice president of community investment banking and market manager of PNC Financial Services;
- Lou Anna K. Simon, PhD, president of Michigan State University;
- Suzanne Schulz, director of the City of Grand Rapids' Planning Department;
- James Tischler, MSHDA’s director of community development;
- Christina Tracy, vice president and senior community development banker for Huntington National Bank;
- Arnold Weinfeld, CEO and chair of board for Prima Civitas (moderator);
- Chip Windisch, assistant vice president for the Lake Michigan Financial Corporation, the parent company for The Bank of Holland;
- Scott G. Witter, PhD, director of the MSU SPDC; and LPI’s interim director;
- Sharon Woods, founding principle and target market analysis team leader for LandUse|USA; and
- Mark Wyckoff, LPI’s senior associate director, and director of the Planning & Zoning Center at MSU;
In addition, a vendor Showcase will take place throughout the day where Industry exhibitors and professionals will share how their work is positively impacting the built environment and Michigan’s economic development. This will also offer participants the opportunity to network with representatives from state agencies, MSU, and industry companies and firms from this sector.
This event is open to the public. Registration is available online. Cost to attend is $25 (students are free, but must also register). Registration includes meals, refreshments, validated parking and event materials. Questions about registration can be directed to Robert Krusky at email@example.com or call 517.353.3054.
Did you find this article useful?