Top 5 reasons to attend the 2017 Zoning Administrator Certificate Program
Each year, the MSU Planning & Zoning Center (PZC) offers the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program. In Winter 2017, the PZC will be offering the Training Program in Plymouth at the Hilton Garden Inn Feb. 15-16, 2017.
Each year, the MSU Planning & Zoning Center (PZC), a part of the MSU Land Policy Institute, offers the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program. If you’ve missed out on it in the past, consider these top reasons to attend the training in 2017:
- It reduces legal risks to zoning administrators (ZA) and their community!
- Networking with your peers doubles as informal ZA therapy.
- You’ve recently been “promoted” to the position of ZA, and you have no idea where to start.
- You’d like for your community’s planning and zoning procedures to be more efficient and effective.
- You will learn best practices for dealing with difficult customers.
While some of these reasons are tongue-in-cheek, there is truth in all of them. Here is what some past program participants had to say about the training:
- “This is the best class I’ve taken in years. It has given me more confidence to do my job correctly and pointed out areas to work on.”
- “I was presented with many practical ideas that I should be able to implement immediately.”
- “Knowledgeable instructors, excellent material!”
- “This should be a state mandated program.”
- “This program will protect your community, will protect you, and will greatly improve customer service to ALL customers.”
- “You can learn about the pitfalls to avoid legal issues.”
- “I was able to use one of the example staff reports for both ZBA and Planning Commissions, which made the meeting process smoother.”
Join the more than 200 participants from past programs and be in the know about all things zoning administrator in Michigan. In Winter 2017, the PZC will be offering the Training Program in Plymouth at the Hilton Garden Inn Feb. 15-16, 2017. Space is available and early registration ends on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017.
To register and learn more, visit: Zoning Administrator Certificate Program. Questions about registration should be emailed to Holly Madill at email@example.com or call 517-432-2222. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve a seat today!
To be eligible for a certificate upon completion of this program, participants will need to have also completed the MSUE Michigan Citizen Planner Program, either classroom-based or web-based (or be AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) certified) and successfully pass a multiple choice examination. See below for details about the training opportunities.
Michigan Citizen Planner Program Training Opportunities
- Citizen Planner on the Web – Special ZAC Program (live webinar presentation): Jan. 23-Feb. 6, 2017 (Weekdays: Jan. 23, 25, 27 and 30, and Feb. 1, 3 and 6) from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Registration is available online.
- Michigan Citizen Planner Online: A three-part series of courses, which together compose the full Michigan Citizen Planner course. Registration and course information are available online.
Michigan Citizen Planner is administered separately from the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program. For further information about Michigan Citizen Planner, contact Janean Danca at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 657-8213.
Did you find this article useful?