Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin Veterans Assistance Fair held June 2
All veterans, service members and family are invited to participate June 2, 2018, at the Veterans Assistance Fair in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
Michigan State University Extension is partnering with Dickinson County Veteran Affairs Committee, the Upper Peninsula Veterans Community Action Team, Dickinson Area Community Foundation, Veterans Alliance of Dickinson County Area and numerous other service providers and local businesses across Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin to host a Veterans Assistance Fair on Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT at the Bay College West campus in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
Registration is appreciated for food and seating preparations. To register for this event, visit Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin Veterans Assistance Fair, or call Mary Ellen Pond at 906-387-2530.
Lack of awareness is the biggest barrier to veterans accessing benefits and services, and the above-mentioned organizations intend to increase awareness through this event. The Veterans Assistance Fair will include informational presentations, breakout sessions and booths about:
- Military exposures and related health conditions (e.g., Agent Orange, Camp Lejeune)
- VA benefits Q&A
- VA healthcare: eligibility, woman veterans, recovery programs, suicide prevention
- VA education benefits
- VA CH 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program
- Escanaba Vet Center
- MSU Extension programs and family-friendly activities
- Veteran-friendly employers
- Service providers on site to assist veterans and family members
- Refreshments and food will be available
If you have any questions, contact Frank Lombard, Upper Peninsula regional coordinator, at 906-365-0168, email@example.com, or Monica Jean, MSU Extension educator, at 906-786-3032, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you find this article useful?