You Belong Here Champion Award winners announced
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) announces first-time You Belong Here Champion Awards
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is pleased to announce the winners of its first-time You Belong Here Champion Awards, a distinction awarding staff and faculty for their outstanding efforts to bring a sense of inclusion to the classroom and beyond.
Congratulations to faculty winners Mary Hausbeck from the Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences and Gary Roloff from the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife; and staff winners Jill Cruth from the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife and Katie James from the Department of Forestry.
Students were asked to submit nominations for this award based on the following criteria:
- Creation of an inclusive and welcoming space
- Inclusion of diversity in a curriculum
- Exceptional mentoring, recruiting and advocating skills
- Guidance of students to meet their personal and professional goals
- Demonstration of ethical and inclusive leadership in community engagement activities or student organizations
- Implementation of policies and practices to support DEI
Quentin Tyler, associate dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, said would like to congratulate all of the nominees and the students who took the time and effort to nominate these faculty and staff.
“The submissions were very heartfelt and personal,” he said. “You could really sense how important these valued members of the CANR community have helped these individuals grow, mature and meet challenges and goals in very positive and meaningful ways.”
See the complete list of CANR You Belong Here Champion nominees.
Did you find this article useful?