4-H Horse Program
Oceana County 4-H Horse Developmental Committee (HDC) oversees the 4-H Horse Project. For voting purposes, it is made up of two members from each 4-H horse club, one adult and one teen. However, everyone in the horse project is invited to attend the meetings so we can get as much input as possible. The committee makes all of the rules and guidelines for this project and is also in charge of all of the ribbons, awards, trophies, planning and organizing of the horse camp, shows, tack sale and making recommendations for judges for the fair. It supports itself financially through the horse shows and other fundraisers. This committee also provides a scholarship for any horse project member attending 4-H Exploration Days at Michigan State University.
Oceana County Horse Developmental Committee Officers 2018-2019
- Kaylie Payne - President
- Lisa Buiting - Vice President
- Trish Cederquist & Amanda Coker - Treasurer
- Mary Yeager - Secretary
For further HDC information, please see the following documents:
- OCHDC Rules and Regulations 2019 (REGISTRATION PAGES INCLUDED)
- 2016 State Horse Show Rules and Regulations
If you would like to have some input on the 4-H horse program, please come to the HDC meetings which are held once a month. Without participation in HDC, we would not be able to hold all of the programs that we do now. If you are interested in receiving a monthly postcard to remind you of the meetings, please call the office at 231-873-2129.
- 2013 Minutes: July 2013 Minutes, October 2013 Minutes, November 2013 Minutes,
- 2014 Minutes: January 2014 Minutes , March 2014 Minutes, May 2014 Minutes, June 2014 Minutes, July 2014 Minutes, Sept HDC Minutes 2014,
- 2015 Minutes: January Minutes 2015, HDC Minutes Feb. 2015, HDC March 2015 Minutes,April Minutes 2015.pdf, HDC Minutes May 2015, June Minutes 2015 July Minutes 2015, Minutes September 2015
- 2016 Minutes: Minutes February 2016 March 2016 HDC Minutes May 2016 OCHDC July MinutesSept 2016 HDC MinutesOctober 2016December 2016
- 2017 Minutes: March 2017 sec report April 2017 Minutes HDC.pdf June 2017 Minutes OCHDC July Minutes 2017
Horse Program Forms
Oceana County 4-H Horse Project Registration is due to the office no later than June 1, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. This project registration pack includes a picture, parent acknowledgement form, a valid 2019 negative Coggins. and a health care records page
OCHDC Rules and Regulations 2019 (with registration pages)
OCHDC Non Club Points 2019(required of everyone whether doing a notebook or not)
- Level tests are available in the office.
OCHDC Open Youth Horse Shows
The first OCHDC show of the season will be held on Saturday, April 27th at the Oceana County Fairgrounds beginning at 9 a.m. (rain or shine). This show is a youth & adult Shaggy Show to get the show season started! The show schedule for this year will also include Open Youth Shows Saturday, May 18th and June 29th. Everyone must fill out a Waiver & Release form and if you are not an active 4-H member you will need to sign the Code of Conduct/Medical/Media Release form.
- Shaggy showbill- Saturday, April 27, 2019
- OCHDC Open Youth Horse Shows- May 18 & June 29, 2019
- KAITLYNN SCOTT MEMORIAL Open Youth & Adult Speed & Jumping Horse Show July 27, 2019 at the Oceana County Fairgrounds, 9:00 a.m. (all profits will be donated to the Scott family)
- OCHDC Waiver and Release Form 2019
- 2019 Michigan 4-H Youth Authorization and Acknowledgment Form (For those who are not enrolled in Oceana County 4-H, you will need to fill out a medical/media release in order to participate.)
- Showbill Sponsorship Letter & Receipt 2019- for a $15.00 donation your business’ name will be included in the May, June & July OCHDC showbills.
- OCHDC Banner Sponsorship Letter 2019-for a $125.00 donation a banner (6 ‘x 2.5’) with your business log/message/information on it will be displayed at Oceana County horse project events including the Summer Open Youth Horse Shows and youth horse classes at the Oceana County Fair. The annual advertising renewal rate is $80.00 if you choose to do so. (Donations help cover costs of judges, ribbons, trophies and allow OCHDC to keep the cost of classes affordable. The OCHDC also sponsors youth scholarships and provides quality educational clinics with these funds. Thank you for your support!)