Policies & Procedures for ORS Assistance
- ORS works directly with the PI during the budget and proposal development process.
- The PI is responsible for complying with any department/unit pre-award policies or procedures (i.e., departmental budget approval before submission to OSP).
- If the sponsor does not have a due date for the proposal, a target due date for your submission will need to be provided to ORS so they can manage their workload appropriately. All efforts should be made to submit the proposal by the provided target due date.
To request ORS assistance with your domestic or international proposal that is greater than $100,000, the following procedure should be followed:
- Complete a Proposal Request Form (below).
- Once received, an ORS Research Administrator will review the request and determine if ORS can provide assistance.
- An ORS Research Administrator will contact the faculty member within one business day to confirm if ORS is able to provide support. If it’s confirmed that ORS can assist, the assigned ORS Research Administrator will begin working with the faculty member on the proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Research Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-355-0123.