Chronic Disease PATH is a six-week self-management workshop designed to help people take an active role in managing their chronic disease(s).
Adults of all ages interested in managing their chronic diseases (such as arthritis, heart disease, lung disease, or other ongoing health conditions) are welcome to attend, as well as their family members and caregivers.
Participants learn skills to manage a variety of chronic diseases such as:
- Developing healthy eating and exercise plans
- Navigating pain and difficult emotions
- Managing medications
- Communicating with family, friends, and healthcare providers
- Decision making and evaluating treatment options
- Goal setting
MSU Extension offers Chronic Disease PATH in two formats:
- In-person: Meets for six weeks; each weekly session lasts 2.5 hours with a break provided
- Online via Zoom: Meets for six weeks; each weekly session lasts two hours with a break provided