Balaraba Abubakar Sule
Research Interest: Agricultural Marketing, Project Appraisal, Policy Impacts/Analysis, Economic and Financial Analysis
Research Supervisors: Dr. Ayodeji Coker (Federal University of Technology Minna) and Dr. Eric Crawford (MSU)
Semesters at MSU: Spring and Fall 2019
Mrs. Sule is an academic staff of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State. She is presently pursuing her Ph.D. at the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State.
In January 2019, Mrs. Sule arrived at MSU for the Visiting Scholar Exchange program. Her dissertation is on the impact of Agricultural policies on food production systems in Nigeria. She intends to use the PAM methodology to assess competitiveness and comparative advantage of local rice with imports, assess the economic efficiency of rice production and determine the impact of policies on rice production systems in the study area.
Training received from the project prior to arriving at MSU:
- The Art of Research Discovery and Writing Good Articles. Federal Collage of Forestry Mechanization, Afaka-Kaduna. October 16-17, 2018
- R Program Language-Statistical Package. Center for Petroleum and Energy Economics, University of Ibadan, July 9-20 2018.
- Value chain Concepts and Analysis (Aquaculture and Fisheries). Haske Luxury Hotel, Tunga, Minna. March 5-6, 2018.
- Introduction to Stata. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, from 3-4 August 2017.
Meetings with University and State Ministries. These meetings were to inform them about the Project Scholar progam and to introduce them to the scholar and their supervisor. During the interactions, the Ministries articulated areas of desired policy support. As an incoming Project Scholar, Mrs. Sule will leverage opportunities and facilities at MSU to realistically support the policy needs of the Ministries in line with the Project Objectives.
- Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna and Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU), Lapai. The FUT visit took place in the Vice Chancellor’s office, December 12, 2018. The IBBU meeting took place at the Senate chambers of the University on the same day.
- State’s Ministries of Agriculture; Health; Education; and Women Affairs of Niger State on December 17, 2018 in the company of Dr. Oyinkan Tasie.
Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage of Rice Production Systems: The Policy Analysis Matrix Approach
Published on December 18, 2019
Curbing Post Harvest Losses: The Plight of Onion Farmers in Nigeria
Published on May 4, 2019
A Walk With President Hannah!
Published on April 8, 2019
The Brown Bag Seminar!
Published on March 30, 2019
The "R" Lunch
Published on March 29, 2019