Agricultural Entomologist Educator, Veteran LiaisonFood Safety & Toxicology Building
1129 Farm Ln Room 160
East Lansing MI 48824 US Luce County Extension Office P.O. Box 48
14126 County Road 428
Newberry, MI 49868
BS, Agriculture and Environmental Plant Science, California Polytechnic State University
PhD, Entomology, Michigan State University.
Dr. Adam Ingrao is the Veteran’s Liaison for Michigan State University Extension and an Agricultural Entomologist. An Army veteran and nationally recognized veteran’s advocate, Dr. Ingrao has led efforts to connect veterans with career and wellness opportunities within the agricultural sector. He is the founder and instructor of the MSUE Heroes to Hives program, and the former director of two nonprofits serving farmer veterans in Michigan, the Veterans in Agriculture Network and the Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan. His honors include the MSU Plant Science Fellowship, National Science Foundation Fellowship and the US Fruit and Vegetable Industry’s 40 leaders in agriculture under 40 award (40 Under 40).
- Biological Control of Asparagus Pests Using Synthetic Herbivore Induced Volatiles. Adam Ingrao, Jenna Walters, and Zsofia Szendrei. Environmental Entomology (2018) http://vegetable.ent.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/nvy1711.pdf
- Crop Pests and Predators Exhibit Inconsistent Responses to Surrounding Landscape Composition. Daniel S. Karp, Rebecca Chaplin-Kramer, Timothy D. Meehan, Emily A. Martin, Fabrice DeClerck, Heather Grab, Claudio Gratton, Lauren Hunt… Adam Ingrao…Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) (2018) https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/115/33/E7863.full.pdf
- Biocontrol on the Edge: Field Margin Habitats Influence Natural Enemy-Pest Interactions. By Adam Ingrao, Jason Schmidt, Jeremy Jubenville, Ari Grode, Lidia Komondy, David Vanderzee, and Zsofia Szendrei. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment (2017) https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316158401_Biocontrol_on_the_edge_Field_margin_habitats_in_asparagus_fields_influence_natural_enemy-pest_interactions
- Identification of Plant Semiochemicals and Evaluation of Their Interactions with Early Spring Insect Pests of Asparagus. By William R. Morrison, Adam Ingrao, Jared Ali, and Zsofia Szendrei. Journal of Plant Interactions (2016) https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17429145.2015.1133848
- The Effects of Foliar Synthetic Abscisic Acid (s-ABA) on Citrus Nursery Trees and Mature Orchard Trees. By Lauren Garner and Adam Ingrao. Proceedings of the Plant Growth Regulator Society of America (2015) https://www.cabdirect.org/cabdirect/abstract/20173267896
- “Michigan Veterans May Lose Access to Food Stamps” – WLNS, Lansing, November 2018 – https://www.wlns.com/news/local-news/michigan-veterans-may-lose-access-to-food-stamps/1589747240.
- “Why Veterans Matter” – Partnerships Peninsulas Podcast, November 5, 2018 - https://www.canr.msu.edu/podcasts/why-veterans-matter.
- “Veterans Try Beekeeping” – Capital News Service, November 2018 – https://www.record-eagle.com/news/local_news/veterans-try-beekeeping/article_661f5b50-1b21-54de-affa-db458c9a5a4e.html.
- “Bee Program Helps Veterans Find Peace” – The Detroit News, October 2018 –https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/environment/2018/10/28/bee-program-heroes-hives-helps-veterans-therapy/1675673002/.
- “SNAP Matters” – Story Corps and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, September 2018 – https://storycorps.org/snap-matters-with-the-robert-wood-johnson-foundation/.
- “Program helps veterans find camaraderie through beekeeping” – Stateside with Cynthia Canty, Michigan Radio, Ann Arbor, November 2017 –http://michiganradio.org/post/program-helps-veterans-find-camaraderie-through-beekeeping.
- “Farmer Veteran Coalition Michigan Hosts Soil Health Workshop” – Farm News Media, Michigan Farm Bureau, July 2016 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhsRym31QD8.