Research Evaluation and Data Manager446 W. Circle Drive, Room 109
East Lansing, MI 48824
Feed the Future Biotechnology Potato Partnership
Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
My position supports the CANR’s Associate Dean for Research in formulating and implementing the research evaluation and data management goals and priorities of AgBioResearch and CANR. I play a key role in aligning research evaluation and data management activities with the AgBioResearch and CANR interests to map “ideas to impact”, and in directing research evaluation and data-driven outcomes to added value (e.g. department/college-wide action points, new initiatives and new, strategic research directions, and impactful research).
African Studies Center, Center for Gender in Global Context, Institute for Public Policy Research, and Washington State University Crop and Soil Sciences
Areas of Expertise:
Program evaluation and data analytics; intellectual property rights management for life science and agriculture.
- Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Sciences (Molecular Plant Sciences, Economics and Sociology)
- Washington State University, 2011
- M.Sc., Technology Management, University of the Philippines, 2000
- B.Sc., Zoology, Central Luzon State University, 1996
- Research evaluation, metrics design and data-driven analytics
- Econometric studies on agricultural development
- Internationalization of science
- IPR management for development countries
- J.G. Payumo, G. Lan and P Arasu. 2017. Researcher mobility at a U.S. research-intensive university: Implications for research and 1internationalization strategies. Research Evaluation 27. 28-35.
- J.G. Payumo, T. C. Sutton, D. Brown, D. Nordquist, M Evans, D. Moore and P Arasu. 2017. Input-Output Analysis of International Research Collaborations: A Case study of Five U.S. Universities. Scientometrics 111 (3), pp. 1657-1671
- J.G. Payumo, P. Arasu, A.M. Faizu, I. Z. Siregar, and D. Noviana. 2013. An Entrepreneurial, Research- Based University Model for Economic Development in Emerging Economies: The Case of Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia. pp 1-23. World Patent Information.
- J.G. Payumo, Z. Gang, E. Pulumbarit, K. Jones, K. Maredia, and H. Grimes. 2012. Managing Intellectual Property and Technology Commercialization: Comparison and Analysis of Practices, Success Stories and Lessons Learned from Public Research Universities in Developing Asia. Innovation: Management, Policy & Practice Journal Vol 14 (4): pp 391-432.
- J.G. Payumo, K. Jones, and H.D. Grimes. 2012. Licensing Agricultural Intellectual Property: How Public R&D Institutions in Developing Countries Should Respond? International Journal of Technology Management. Vol. 9 (4): pp. 1250028 1- 1250028-24.